Friday, December 01, 2006



"Stay the course?"


DOESN’T ANYONE HAVE A FUCKING CLUE ANY MORE?
I was watching CNN earlier and really starting to wonder how long its going to take for there to be Vegas odds on an actual military defeat of the US in Iraq. Like a hideous retreat from Baghdad to Basra that resembles something very unpleasant out of the crusades except with air support. Then some Army spokesguy comes on telling us how things aren’t half as bad as they clearly are, but what really stops me in my tracks is the spokesguy’s name. It’s Custer – I swear – Colonel John Custer (although I might be wrong about the rank.) Maybe I could be a little over-tuned to these things, but it seems – even though he’s not actually called George Armstong – anyone with the name Custer should maybe not be in Army public relations.


MORE cluelessness in this week’s Media column about the OJ confession fiasco.
http://lacitybeat.com/article.php?id=4682&IssueNum=182

I WAS probably a tad clueless myself when, in Wednesday’s post, I failed to explain how Barack Obama’s full name really is Barack Hussein Obama, but that my ire was at the repugnant glee with which the Republican’s kept using it.

I WOULD ALSO recommend that everyone read Keith Olbermann’s special comment on the loathsome Newt Gingrich, Free Speech, and how Gingrich seems to playing with the fantasy of his being declared Evil Dictator of American by popular acclaim.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15976642/


The secret words are Sitting Bull

No comments: