Sunday, August 21, 2005

SUNDAY FUNNIES
Woke up this morning, and, for want of anything better to do, I read the NY Times (oh boy). Gleaned some hope from an excellent piece by Frank Rich that seemed to confirm my hope/feeling that maybe the nation has reached a tipping point on the nonsensical bloody war.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/21/opinion/21rich.html?th=&adxnnl=1&emc=th&adxnnlx=1124669278-pcViXMxZuNBkIUkaXlDjWQ
I also picked up the snippet of information that "if the American military presence in the region lasts another five years, the total outlay for the war could stretch to more than $1.3 trillion, or $11,300 for every household in the United States."

But then I turned to a story about all the fucking money that’s being poured into "the debate between evolution and intelligent design" that is no fucking debate at all and the fucking NY Times ought to know better, and all the weight of depression came back as I remembered the millions out there who adamantly believe that God created the world in six days and that The Dukes Of Hazzard is entertainment for humans.

And then an email came from some girl with a link she’d recieved from 00Soul and I had to laugh.
http://supermodelpersonals.blogspot.com/

It was only at this point that I turned to the LA Times and discovered Hunter's farewell.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-thompson21aug21,0,5289216.story?track=tothtml

CRYPTIQUEHow long can I share a planet with Jessica Simpson?

The secret word is Acute


No comments: