Sunday, January 20, 2013

SUNDAY BREAKFAST














Shinjuku is one of my favorite neighborhoods in the city of Tokyo, mainly because it’s wild, wooly, crazy-neon gorgeous, and a bit yakuza from what I could see. And also our good friend Yukiko lives there. It has an array of bars to rival Lower Manhattan or Brighton, buts it’s big on tourism and that spawns weirdness like the saloon in the picture that I couldn’t resist posting to share its bizarre wonder. I mean, could you imagine curing your Sunday morning coming-down hangover in a joint like that? I wouldn’t even fancy it for the Saturday drunk of the night before. (Did I mention the giant animatronic strippers?) Fortunately there is an invisible but very serious and very Japanese sign that says “NO ANARCHISTS, DOGS, OR ALCOHOLIC POETS “ The place is also way out of my pay grade and Tokyo social strata and they would never let me in which probably just as well but I still gawp such garish glory.

Click here for Don Henley’s best drunk song ever.

The secret word is Equilibrium

2 comments:

tim rundall said...

I can't believe I just watched a whole Don Henley Video... thanks a bunch Mick! (although it was rather good in the visuals dept) Pass the goddamn Bourbon...

Johnny Haddo said...

so a little radiation does wonders for the skin..you're the DoC, tell me _