Thursday, September 13, 2012

I WAS ONCE IN A BAND WITH THIS GUY












Our pal Brad Dourif is known as an actor specializing in the dangerous and demented, and for films like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Wise Blood, Ragtime, Dune, Blue Velvet, voice of Chucky in the Child's Play series, and Grima Wormtongue in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Back in the mid-1990s he played didgeridoo and did vocals in a decidedly weird musical/spoken word floating crap game that also included Jack Lancaster, Andy Colquhoun, Wayne Kramer, and Doug Lunn. The fruits of this endeavor are preserved on the CD The Deathray Tapes (if you can find one) but I was delight when, a few days ago, I discovered a YouTube tribute to Brad that uses a vocal duet by him and me as the sound track.

Click here to check it out.   


2 comments:

jago said...

a multi talented chap, brilliant in Deadwood.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Mick, I enjoyed that. Got a get-together with 1977 high school alumni tonight at Obrien's Inn. I think I'll poll the folks and see how many have heard of Mick Farren. Woodchucks are a divided sort, brimming with opportunity when tweaked. Reunion's tomorrow. Nostalgia closes in. Taking the dirt bike, hunting thin skin.

Woodchuck Pirate
aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA