Sunday, April 17, 2011

SUNDAY BREAKFAST



















Later today I shall meet the guitarists in the pub to plot our performing future, but in the meantime – as I rise to tea and impossibility, and since, among other motivations, I am still coming to terms with this weblog being branded objectionable after all these many years of Doc40 – I shall dwell on the tawdry, the tacky, the wholly synthetic, and the entirely implausible. A few days ago, our friend HCB remarked in an email that “the sluts we loved at 14 were the ones that made us the terrorists we are today.” The comment was in the specific context of a lady called Shirley Anne Field – a free-spirited Brit starlet of our youth – but it also applied in general terms to any cheap and gaudy desire. Although, of course, at 14, the sluts we loved were mainly imaginary figments of fiction, fantasy, Fredericks of Hollywood, ancient appliances, and very bad wall paper.

Click here for Ray

The secret word is Manmade

4 comments:

Aleleeinn said...

14 year old's already make the best terrorist/fanatics. Hormones you aren't accustomed to deal with. The old childhood desire to please and a lack of real world experience--not knowing that just about everyone is lying to you.
But Shirley was hot. Never saw her before.

Aleleeinn said...

Sorry, originally I was going to comment on you and your band. THANKS!! You helped me through a "preventing workplace violence CBT with your Disgruntled Employee. The song covered everything in the course except the fact that domestic violence can spill into the workplace because the partner may only be able to find the spouse at work. MICK!! keep making music, please.

Mick said...

I have no intention to cease rocking.

Maggie M'Gill said...

"I understand and I wish to continue" - anyway, thoroughly agree with you, Aleleeinn. My daughter's 14 at the moment, and is quite a presence. "Men don't know", and all that. And what a great epitaph Mick's sign-off would make.