Wednesday, July 07, 2010

HANDS OFF MY COKE

I like a lot of stuff they do in the city of San Francisco, but this is beyond the boundary of even collectivist anarchist good taste. I’m not fat and I drink a fuck of a lot of Coke. Always have. I freely admit it. Click here to consult the Doc40 archive on the matter. I definitely don’t want some municipal comrade-bureaucrat telling me what’s good for me. Enough of that shit. That’s how they took my cigarettes. (And don’t even mention the drugs.) If they want to ban something how about leaf-blowers? Hell, I want vending machines that sell beer, like they have in Tokyo.

“Coca-Cola is out, and soy milk is now part of San Francisco's official city policy. Under an executive order from Mayor Gavin Newsom, Coke, Pepsi and Fanta Orange are no longer allowed in vending machines on city property, although their diet counterparts are - up to a point. Newsom's directive, issued in April but whose practical impacts are starting to be felt now, bars calorically sweetened beverages from vending machines on city property. That includes non-diet sodas, sports drinks and artificially sweetened water. Juice must be 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice with no added sweeteners. Diet sodas can be no more than 25 percent of the items offered, the directive says. There should be "ample choices" of water, "soy milk, rice milk and other similar dairy or non dairy milk," says the directive, which also covers fat and sugar content in vending machine snacks.” (Click here for more.)

Click here for The Andrews Sisters

1 comment:

Your driver said...

This is what Gavin does instead of running the city.
If we're lucky Gavin will be our next Lieutenant Governor. It's not that Gavin is good it's that California's luck has all run out.


On the other hand as a diabetic who eats and drinks at the sufferance of doctors, I do sometimes wish those fucking machine had something in them that I am allowed to eat.