Friday, December 04, 2009

RIDE THAT DINOSAUR, ARYAN JESUS!


Quite by accident, I came across a blog called Snake Oil that appears to delight in the excesses of the evangelical. Its stock in trade is images like the one above, and quotes like this one from serial killer Donald “Pee Wee” Gaskins…
“I have walked the same path as God, by taking lives and making others afraid, I became God's equal. Through killing others, I became my own master. Through my own power I come to my own redemption.”
I do try to restrain my prejudices against God-fearing, Rapture-anticipating, Jesus-fans. Really I do. As far as I’m concerned, folks can believe any arrant crap they like as long as I don’t have to listen to it. Unfortunately the bloody faithful are incapable, by the very definition of their faith, of keeping anything to themselves. They bomb women’s health clinics, they destructively interfere with the lives of thousands of their fellow Americans. They carry guns to healthcare rallies, and become the devoutly unquestioning tools of the most baleful neo-fascism. The even support deep and evil shit like the death penalty for gays in Uganda.
I am all too aware that they are out their, 400 pounds, living on bio-engineered meat and processed corn syrup, watching reality TV and The 700 Hundred Club. They are ones who make the political career of Sarah Palin possible, who, in turn, is just a ignorant shill for totalitarian corporate capitalism, and the money being poured into her ambition is really being spent to achieve a ultimate goal of sidelining democracy as a powerless sideshow. But I also wonder, what will happen to all these slug-soft worthless and delusionary fools when that same totalitarian corporate capitalism has no more use to them? HAL 9000 will doubtless turn off the life support.
The secret word is Prey

3 comments:

Your driver said...

Pee Wee Gaskins is part of a long line of antinomians. He doesn't sound like one of the more likable ones. There were Manichean bandits who, having transcended God, took to looting caravans. Let's not forget the Old Man of the Mountain, Hassan I Sabbah of Alamut. There was even a kind but uncompromising antinomian poet, William Blake.

Dick Headley said...

They will jump in their trucks and go hunting for Peter Fonda.

The Steampunk said...

Remind anyone else of Methodist Coloring Book by the Dead Milkmen? Probably their least psychedelic work, but still iconic for my generation.