Friday, August 14, 2009

BOB BUSTED, SQUEAKY RELEASED, AND A PENGUIN GETS A WETSUIT – YES, TGIF!


Yes my friends, no matter how far my boot heels do go wandering, the fabulous sixties seem never quite to go away. Bob Dylan is arrested in New Jersey by an idiot rookie cop for looking like a weird old bum, and Lynette Squeaky Fromme of Manson Family fame is released from jail just days after the fortieth anniversary of the Sharon Tate slaying. Meanwhile, back in the 21st century, the weather forecast on my computer claims LA will have 80 degree temperatures tomorrow and “smoke.” (As I live and hardly breathe.) I can only presume the smoke will have drifted south from the masive Lockheed wildfires in the Santa Cruz mountains. Meanwhile, in England, a penguin gets a wetsuit. Right now I’m at a loss to comment except that it’s just one more weekend and even William Gibson couldn’t have made this shit up. What can a poor boy do?

Click here for the Bob story.

Click here for the Squeaky story

Click here for the Penguin story

And click here for Bob doing a very strange, big shoulders, and maybe Christian version of “I Shall Be Released.”

(Big thanx to Wendy and Valerie.)

The secret word is Choke

3 comments:

garage 66 & mojo repair shop said...

Yes,I've heard Bob walks around a lot and looks like a bum. They won't release the name of the cop that arrested him on some Hollywood reports,otherwise,he'd get nailed with 1,000 CD's in the mail.
And if your an nutty autograph hound,I'd say,adopt the bum idea...it may pay off. I was wondering maybe his band members alerted the police, just to make a joke."Strange man walking in the alleyways,come quick".

J Neo Marvin said...

Yes,I've heard Bob walks around a lot and looks like a bum.

That's pretty much what the song "Highlands" is about, isn't it?

Dick Headley said...

I'm hoping Bob and the cop get invited to the Whitehouse for a toke.