Sunday, July 19, 2009

STARSHIPS OF PERVERSION (part one)


Life and function keep taking odd twists which I’m never sure if I should read as Jungian signposts or just ignore so as not to exacerbate my paranoia. The current confusion is as follows. Back in 1996, an assemblage of musicians including myself Andy Colquhoun, Wayne Kramer, Jack Lancaster, and a whole bunch of favorable, stalwart, and highly talented men and women, recording under the collective title Deviants XVI, cut an album/CD called Eating Jello With A Heated Fork. One of the tracks was a discreet sado-masochistic love poem called The Arts Of Darkness.
Today, some thirteen years later, our good friend Butlincat informs us in a comment that this same piece has mysteriously appeared on YouTube as the audio background for what appears to be a slideshow about how Stonehenge is a inter-dimensional portal that allows UFOs to penetrate our reality. The juxtapositioning is, to say the least odd enough ponder on a warm Sunday with the air conditioner humming. Click here to see for yourself.

(And click here maybe to buy the CD.)

4 comments:

Dick Headley said...

Not sure if I should say this or not but I'm getting Spinal Tap vibes.

Anonymous said...

I lover that CD and that song. Great Stuff!!

Rob

butlincat said...

Mick...I stuck ur track to my vid in an effort to spread the word on the 2 subjects,cos in my view theyre worthy of spreading...its a shame people dont take the extraterrestrial presence with a bit more seriousness...thats not the 1st time the whole schmear has been likened to Spinal Tap...with thousands of abductions each year,and people simply vanishing along with them,the covernments have done a damn good job,along with Hollywood,to keep the subject one of extreme ridicule...that aint gonna stop the word being spread tho...screw this soapbox....up the pinks!......blessings ... ps...I did "Mona" too...

stu said...

there`s a short review of ptoof! on www.bbc.co.uk today.i think he likes it.