Thursday, January 29, 2009

RUN FOR COLD CLIMATES!



I have managed to fuck up the third finger of my left hand. Currently the digit is a gothic sunset of magenta, purple, and black, and sufficiently swollen to make typing difficult. It seems to be recovering, however, and I hope all will be well tomorrow. Mercifully our pal Faux Smoke sent over this item…

“The Texas Department of Transportation isn't laughing at the ghoulish warning that appeared on an Austin traffic sign. Someone altered the digital sign to warn drivers to "run" from the "zombies ahead." "The end is near!!!!!!!!!" the sign exclaimed. "Caution! Zombies ahead!!!" "Run for cold climates," the sign instructed motorists. While some people found it funny, TxDOT says the signs are there to display traffic information. The department is now trying to figure out who hacked into its digital road sign system.”

The secret words are Brain Food.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine in Austin called me yesterday morning on his way to work to tell me about this, it was a greay way to start the day!

Anonymous said...

nice..

roldo said...

Its a cheery -42 outside and there's room for a couple of you to crash here if you ain't fussy should worse come to worser.

wv "travetat" ("Work For The State")

Shyrie said...

I think the word "hacked" should be replaced by the term "used the unchanged default password". Or that's what I read somewhere.

I'd think hotter climates would be better. The flesh would decay more quickly, and the likelihood of burning would increase.

Benjamin Owens said...

If you don't mind my asking, how'd you manage to fuck up your ring finger?

Mick said...

I gave the ring to a goddamned hobbit and he threw it in a flaming volcano.

Benjamin Owens said...

Here's hoping a pack of zombies catch that fucker!