Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MY SPACE IS NOT THE PLACE



Every few days, I get an email telling me I have a message on My Space. The problem is that I don’t have any truck with My Space. I did have an account but I ripped it out by the roots. I loath My Space. It’s cumbersome, it’s invasive, it’s silly, it leaks data, and it’s owned by Rupert Murdoch. If you want to get in touch just use Byron4d@msn.com. (And the Doc40 fundraiser is still going on if any kind soul wants to make a PayPal donation.)

2 comments:

Your driver said...

I wanted to access some damn piece of information on Myspace. I was told that I would have to have a Myspace account to do so. I tried to set up an account, against my better judgement. I was told that I am "not qualified" to set up a Myspace account. This is probably a good thing, but I don't get it. There is a guy who is "married" to his $3,000 lifelike love dolls. He has a Myspace page, but for unexplained reasons I am not allowed to set up an account so that I can download a couple of songs by some lousy band. Oh well.

My contribution to the Doc40 fundraiser is dependent on the success of the Poetry is for Assholes fundraiser. Unfortunately, I am the only contributor to the latter and I have been home with the flu.

Mick said...

Get well soon Jon. Excuses are almost as good as a donation.