Thursday, August 28, 2008

NOTES ON WORLD CONQUEST



Having read all the comments and digested all that was said – and boy is my stomach tired – I figure that we are doing just fine with the comments being used as they are right now, and a forum would probably be more trouble than it’s worth, plus, with Doc40’s high levels of philosophical permissiveness, it might become a troll magnet and time would be wasted punishing idiots. Having said that, I would never object if anyone wanted to erect a forum under the Doc40 logo on their own dime. They’d have links and my blessing, but not much more.

I think I’ve said before that the current way Doc40 is organized stretches my resources about as far as they can be stretched for a labor of love, propaganda, and high amusement. (I’ve yet to find the time to build a new Doctube post.) I would, however, be even more amused by a Doc40 shop. Way cool. Except it would be a portal to the real world of dread business where I flounder and tend to find the daunting complexities of commerce about as amusing as a minefield. I have no talent for the transactional. A clue to why I’m always broke, I guess. I never had any concept of Doc40 ever being a commercial proposition. Putting aside all altruism, the interwebs defy business models, and I absolutely don’t want to post advertising. On the other hand, if the endeavor could provide the odd bottle of scotch and pay the media bill now and again, I’d far from object. It also seems a good idea at time when the number of visitors to the blog is on a definite growth curve.

To organize a shop would really require my acquiring a partner-in-retail who could organize the damned place – someone who could compare the advantages of Café Press v Zazzle, ramrod artwork, and generally take command, while I have lots of really good ideas for items that would irritate squares and Republicans. Any rewards would, of course be shared. I fear that is the only way we will have our hoodies and t-shirts. Wanna be the Doc40 entrepreneur? Write me at byron4d@msn.com . The rest of you just leave comments.


The secret words are Reader’s Control

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The verification code reads mvflcvy, and its blue.

Your driver said...

"I have no talent for the transactional. A clue to why I'm always broke, I guess" Story o' my life.

Anonymous said...

Shut up about the verification codes already... before I am forced to further post teh ytmnd in this bitch!

Löst Jimmy said...

Doc40 - you are indeed the voice of reason, but i would not buy your hoodies!

but t-shirts, lunchboxes and buttons on the other hand......

Mick said...

We are working on the toys.