Thursday, April 24, 2008

BACK FROM THE DARK GODS


Sorry for all the missing time, my friends. I’d like to say I was abducted by aliens, and give you all the intimate information on the application of the anal probe, but cool as it might sound, it would not be the truth. To say the that I was with the Old Dark Gods might be partially true, but something of an exaggeration, although I could frequently feel their fetid, heated breath someplace in back of me. The reality is that I simply fell victim to creative overreaching, the passage of time, the shock of flesh, and a lack of realization that I am no longer twenty five. For a while I stumbled under the iron hooves of a lost and distorted reality, but now I have righted myself and, although still a little damaged and somewhat weak, I tentatively reenter the fray (Doc The White?), and hope that we can only grow from here on out.

The illustration above is by Jett, a real good pal of hours. He asked me if I thought a series of paintings of Lovecraft’s Dark Gods would be commercial, and I told him that they were infinitely commercial, and I hope when Jett has more, he will give me a link to the gallery that I can post.

Meanwhile, I have received some excellent links. Bob Dylan in a special version of Hard Rain. A web page devoted to Jones, the cat in the movie Alien. A dancing lesson by James Brown. A battlefield account by me of the great 1968 Grosvenor Square, anti-Vietnam demonstration, and (if the wasn’t enough ego) a short snatch of a performance by me and Andy Colquhoun earlier this year at an art gallery where the sound sucked. And finally Boss Goodman pontificates on drugs.

And even more finally, the Deviants have contributed a new working of “Lost Johnny” the old song I wrote with Lemmy to a Motorhead tribute CD. Click for details.

The secret word is Nyarlathotep (the Crawling Chaos)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And if the devil comes we'll shoot him with a gun"
PERE UBU



MH

Your driver said...

Grosvenor Square clip made me nostalgic for mounted cops. Yes, nostalgic. I remember when I lived in Detroit in the early '70's, the Anarchists mourned the retirement of "The only cops we like", the horses of the mounted unit. When they weren't beating up people they would parade down Woodward Avenue at rush hour, a lovely sight in a city not known for it's lovely sights. There was also something glorious about doing battle with The Cossacks. Motorized and armored units of men in ski masks are much scarier. Make me want to show them my credit cards, remind them that I'm old and insist that I was just getting home.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Doc. We missed ya.

Anonymous said...

Ditto!