Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ARTHUR C. CLARKE -- RIP


To go with the great picture from Valerie, MrMR adds what will resonate with plenty of us at and early age. “1968, laying down on the floor in front of the first row of seats in the cinema, five consecutive nights, lots of friends , lots of LSD. Five amazing nights of “2001: A Space Odyssey,” thank you Arthur C. Clarke.” I would also add that, if I remember correctly, first “adult” books that I read as a child (as opposed to books written for children) were "Dracula" and "Childhood’s End", and when the aliens took all the children, I really wanted to go with them.

The secret word is Monolith

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AC did some great lit, for sure

The question I have is.. how soon after he's in the ground can we run with the 'kiddie problem' story?

Anonymous said...

Absence of Malice said:

Don't worry Malcom, sure the Sunday Mirror will oblige.

Mick said...

I was wondering when all this would surface. Does anyone have a concrete story rather that insinuation/rumor?