Friday, November 02, 2007

MEANWHILE, BACK ON THE RAVAGED EARTH



Doug the Bass sent over this pic by Nick in Rancho Santa Fe of deer taking refuge in what looks like a foot or so of water. If so inclined, I could drive myself into depressed insanity wondering if they survived, but I will attempt not to do that. I’ll just live with the knowledge that this planet is becoming a dangerously unpredictable nightmare and it’s our own fucking fault. Nick took a number of these fire pics, but I think one is more than enough for today.

BUT, in a slightly more optimistic frame of mind, I speculate in the current LA CityBeat on the oblivion that I hope awaits all the highly paid, far-right so-called media pundits when the Bush/Cheney regime finally falls and their audience moves on.

The secret word is Bambi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pre-cooked venison?! What will they think of next?

Anonymous said...

Anon,
You really are an asshole, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

Ooopps! We were going to ignore him, weren't we?

Oh well... next time. And I'm sure there'll be a next time... acting out, repetition/compulsion, all that psychotic behavior, you know.

Mick said...

We could turn Faith and Julia on the asshole. (See Halloween post.) It might stop them hissing at each other.

Anonymous said...

The photo was taken by John McColgan on August 6, 2000, in the Bitterroot National Forest. See the link for more details, and a larger version of the photo.

http://forestry.about.com/library/weekly/aa092400a.htm

Ajax Pickering

Mick said...

Mr. Pickering is quite correct. And the link provides an fascinating story. I guess as stuff moves around the internet, it can turn into a game of telephone, and I will have to ask Doug the Bass how this image came to be mixed in with a bunch of pics that are clearly Southern California. Fact remains it's frightening moving image. Oh, and the critters at risk are elk.