Monday, November 05, 2007

THE BANNER SAYS IT ALL



Yesterday I wanted a day off. Maybe it’s now just a variation on Monday madness, but I find myself looking a pieces of what would appear to be a hideous jigsaw puzzle. Pakistan is obviously a part of it. A nuclear power with Al Qaeda in the mountains moves murderously towards military dictatorship as Musharraf suspends the Pakistani constitution and rounds up the intellectual opposition. This analysis seems good as far as it goes, but fails to factor in enough of nuclear India. Then another piece of the puzzle is the nagging idea that Musharraf could provide a template for Bush/Cheney holding onto power as their term in office legally draws to a close, except Bush has alienated the Joint Chiefs and so he must build up Blackwater – who now have their own intelligence agency – to run his coupe for him. And then I hear rumors of a drug made from fermented raw sewage that I don’t think even I would sample

And I really don’t want to put it all together. It could be the measure of my tether. Do we really have to tale our ivory handled Colts out of storage (the ones that now make us feel guilty about the elephant) and once again head for the metaphoric OK Corral? So, to buy myself as little time to procrastinate, I take refuge in the comfort of punk. Here are The Ramones, and also The Sex Pistols.

The secret word is Blitzkrieg

CRYPTIQUEI miss my uncle Bill.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all miss our Uncle Bill.

Anonymous said...

Yeah..... which means we can still feel. Painful as it is, it's better than being one of the automatons running the show these days.

Anonymous said...

Brings a new meaning to the old phrase, "That was some good shit I had last night"