Wednesday, September 05, 2007

DOC'S PAPERBACK CLASSIC'S # 25



It’s amazing what the media will come up with on a slow news day. In this instance MSNBC offered a stunning statistic. "Rock stars - notorious for their "crash and burn" lifestyles - really are more likely than other people to die before reaching old age. A study of more than 1,000 mainly British and North American artists, spanning the era from Elvis Presley to rapper Eminem, found they were two to three times more likely to suffer a premature death than the general population." I guess you can file it under "fast", "young", or "corpse." Unless you want to read more, let’s just end this barely relevant piece of data with Sid Vicious singing My Way

The secret room is 1009

PS The Los Angeles heatwave seems to have broken. I may soon be back to my normal irate self.

(Pic from HCB)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now it may just be my new glasses, but that bloke looks like Luke Skywalker to me...

Charlie Loudowl said...

Sweet Jesus. Do my eyes decieve, or is that a sword with a headstock pommel...?

Lyle Hopwood said...

I read that book once. On a National bus travelling from Victoria Station in London to Leeds. It was about this man, who killed Mick Jagger.