Tuesday, July 10, 2007



DOC’S PAPERBACK CLASSICS # 19

A very bad attack of genre confusion going on here. I mean spaceships, whips, horses, spurs, aliens, girls in boots, cross-dressing cowboys, aside from qualifying as a few of my favorite things, this whole concept is something of a mess. On the other hand, back in the later 1980s, HCB (who supplied this gem) other Doc40 plas and I all wrote scripts for a TV animation show The Galaxy Rangers which had a cowboys in space theme made only slightly less preposterous than Spurs Jackson and his Space Vigilantes by making the horses mechanical. Oddly, I believe The Galaxy Rangers became something of a cult in Germany. Here’s a clip.

The secret word is Yippie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why I liked the Galaxy Rangers. The show was really dumb, but there were all these vaguely psychedelic bits and pieces someone seemed to be slipping past the censors. Now I know Farren and Beck and Rowley were involved it all makes more sense.