Wednesday, November 22, 2006



"I’m still the patsy"

AND HOW CAN WE PREPARE FOR THANKSGIVING WITHOUT ALSO RECALLING...
that this is the forty-third anniversary of the killing of JFK? Which, for my money, was the start of the current 20th/21st century shit cycle


BUT CHEER UP, HERE ARE SOME PROMISED LINKS...
Sabrina sends bit how no one will be reading in 2025...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14823087/GT1/8717/


From Valerie on how life on Earth originated elsewhere...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6146292.stm


And a great pitce of film from Doug the Bass who remarks, "I think it was Gore Vidal who said "having no talent is no longer enough...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzqumbhfxRo


And here are the lyrics of one generally accepted version of the song "Stagolee" which I reproduce just because HCB sent it...
I was standin' on the corner
When I heard my bulldog bark;
He was barkin' at the two mens
ho gamblin' in the dark.
It was Stagolee and Billy,
Two men who gamble' late,
Stagolee throw seven,
Billy swore that he throwed eight.
Stagolee told Billy,
"I can't let you go with that;
You have won my money
And my brand new Stetson hat."
Stagolee went home,
And got his forty-four,
Says, "I'm goin' to the bar room,
To pay the debt I owe."
Stagolee went to the bar room,
Stood four feet from the door
Didn't nobody know when he
Pulled his forty-four.
Stagolee found Billy,
"Oh please don't take my life!
I got three little children,
And a very sick little wife."
Stagolee shot Billy,
Oh he shot that boy so fas'
That the bullet came through him,
And broke my window glass.
Some folks don't believe,
Oh Lord that Billy dead
You don't believe he gone,
Jus' look what a hole in his head.

And, with those last two lines, we kinda get back to JFK

I suppose the secret word is Gobble

Robert Altman -- RIP

No comments: