Sunday, October 16, 2005

AN "I WISH I’D WRITTEN THAT" MOMENT
In San Antonio they tell me that power and money are one
They can buy us or sell you to keep you afraid, on the run
But no one can stop us!
My vision is clearly in sight
And the Free Mexican Air Force
Mescalito riding his white horse
Yeah the Free Mexican Air Force is flyin' tonight

Razored this from Miss Templeton’s weblog. (See yesterday.) I have to do much more research as to it’s origin
http://horslipsmusic.blogspot.com/

(Email address as ever – byron4d@msn.com)

The secret word is Thompson

1 comment:

Miss Templeton said...

Well My!!!

What a lovely surprise to find your message this morning and to follow it here.

I will be happy to tell you the source of the lyric -- though I also know the joys tracking down an obscure reference and hope I'm not spoiling your own fun -- but that lyric is from Peter Rowan's 1978 debut album Peter Rowan.

I first heard it on a KFAT Radio cassette back as that great psychedelic country station was going under to a corporate format.

Despite some airplay here and there, it's a bit of a forgotten classic in these parts. But the whole album is a beauty. And that's Flaco Jimenez on the accordion.