Thursday, July 21, 2005

TUCK YOU, TUCKER
Tucker Carlson is an annoying neo-yuppie TV-boy and professional right-winger who believes that wearing a red polka-dot bow-tie is cool. He used to be irritating in CNN’s Crossfire, but now he’s irritating on his own show on MSNBC, The Situation. He is, however, even more irritating in a promo for The Situation in which he pretends to pretend that he’s some 1970's-style private eye on some imaginary Quinn Martin detective show like Cannon. And – as if this wasn’t incongruous enough for someone who is essentially a male Ann Coulter – during the course of the spot he slams a bad guy with a white boy ‘fro and Zapata mustache into the hood of a car. My problem is that this character looks a lot like me circa 1970. I mean he’s not quite a dead ringer, being kinda skanky, and without my artist’s smouldering passion, but the resemblance is enough to annoy. I’m not so narcissistic to believe that Carlson had ever heard of me – even though I have previously abused him both on net and newsprint – but the vision on my screen was enough to give me pause. (And The Situation is so damned lame that it’s always possible that I may have more total readers that Tuck has viewers.)

And while we’re on the subject of white boy afros, I also find that "dorkwad" commercial for movietickets.com quite offensive. So be warned, mocking we of the long and curly can be ill advised. We tend to mutate into Bob Dylan and write poisonously venomous and vitriolic songs about you that cut to the bone.

JAMES DOOHAN – RIP

I DIDN’T HEAR ABOUT IT, BUT I SURE WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE SEEN IT
http://wired-vig.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,68242,00.html

PLUG
Ellen, a good friend of Doc40, had her own crafts store on ebay. Check it out...
http://stores.ebay.com/MooCat-Arts_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm

The secret word is Coiffure

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I am the actor who played the afro-wearing offense in the Movietickets.COM ad. :) Even stranger, I share the name of one of Bob Dylan's best friends.