Monday, March 07, 2005

SPONGEBOB, SPONGBIB

I make errors, I freely admit it. I put it down to a racing mind and a tendency to read what I intended to write and not what’s on the page. My slips, however, are nothing compared to those who spring to the defense of that idiot James Dobson of the morality website Focus On Family, and his theory that Spongebob Squarepants is a fifth column for the Homosexual Agenda. These lines are from mail sent to MSNBC after Keith Olbermann had ridiculed the theory...

"I think Jesus said it best when he said, Get behind the Satan."

"Your prejudism is definately showing."

"I am writing to express my opposition to the SPONGE BOB ’TYPE VALUES THAT ARE TRYING TO BE TAUGHT in education today."

"It came up a long time ago that Spongebob was gay. It is a theory not a fact. It is a general belief among society that Spongebob is gay."

"Our family is deeply concerned by your callous remarks about Dr. Dobson. I believe him to be correct in his assumption of homosexual references in the show. We have watched this cartoon for years and recently, it has appeared to us to be more homosexual in nature. There’s several episodes where I just sat there and thought, this is really, really weird. I couldn’t get over the gay undertones."

"I knew when I herd your reports about Spong Bob… I needed to ivestigate further… and sure enough you not only left out the most important part of the story, but that misrepresented Dr. J. Dobson. I feel that we need to protect the inocence of children. And I feel that right as a parent is being taken away by Homosexuals who slip there docterin in on the sly…"

But best of all, the truly presidential... Stupid Intellegenece."

And, while we ask ourselves if the illiterate should be permitted opinions (or would they just keep coal in them?) kaymo sends a link to a neat compendium of really advanced paranoia, kinda like Lyndon LaRouche meets the Rapture or, as the ever-splendid kaymo puts it. "Do you ever find yourself singing "The madman draws circles, up and down the block,....." etc. when you're reading one of these rants?
http://www.redmoonrising.com/AmericanBabylon/ABindex.htm

And, from HCB, is another angle on the fatal inanity that may yet kill us all...
http://thewvsr.com/gargoyle.htm

The secret word is Palsy

No comments: