Friday, November 05, 2004

WE TRIED TO ESCAPE
OUR SENTENCE WAS DOUBLED
Our President held a predictably gloating press conference today. (Anyone remember when he last held one?) He told reporters – "I earned capital in the campaign - political capital - and now I intend to spend it. That’s my style."
And lo, it was a style I immediately recognized. The style of an habitual drunk. As I in "I got the price of a round, fuck the rent and the phone bill." Believe me, I know what I’m talking about. Or as in the words of Little Richard, a faith based artiste if ever there was one –
It’s Saturday night and I just got paid
Fool about my money don’t try to save
(gonna rip it up)

The secret word is Ammunition

OLD COUNTRY NOSTALIGIA
In England it's Guy Fawkes Night (unless it was banned by some quality of life ordinance I didn't hear about.) It's a native celebration of venerable domestic terrorism. I miss it.

CRYPTIQUE -- Pacific access denied.

No comments: