Wednesday, June 16, 2004

BURN OUT OR BURN?

With some four and a half months remaining until we see if America can come to its senses and remove George Bush from the White House, and his constant intrusions on my TV set, I still feel that I’m morally obliged and honor bound to keep pounding away at the sinister sons of bitches with the few and modest communications tools, but the dawn-dark moments do occur when I start to fear that not only is the deck too stacked, but that I’m losing sight what even might be possible in best of all worlds. Then, a light-ray reminder like the following quote from Ken Kesey, arrives from fidecen, and I start thinking again.

As I've often told Ginsberg, you can't blame the President for the state of the country, it's always the poets' fault. You can't expect politicians to come up with a vision, they don't have it in them. Poets have to come up with the vision and they have to turn it on so it sparks and catches hold.
--Ken Kesey


WORDPOWER

Caligynephobia is a fear of beautiful women

CRYPTIQUEThe bullshit piles up so fast you need wings to stay above it.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Remember there’s a new email address – byron4d@msn.com

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

No comments: