Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Well friends, here's the story so far. Last Friday (yeah, Good Friday, that one) my computer crashed with signs of dangerous hard drive distress, and for the interim, as I seek to get it fixed, I'm working on a model T clunker without enough ram to scratch it's own ass, and that gets cranky when more than three screens are up at once, and in fear that, although the major works are saved to disk, all manner of notes, ideas and jottings are lost to the world, which as an artist kind of makes me sick to my stomach. Thus Doc40 will stagger as best he can, if it's only to be pissing and moaning about the ill fortune that has recently been besetting the technology. Like I just told Larry Wallis in an email, it's like trying to play Hendrix on a clapped out $20 mail order guitar. But, hey, thanks to all of you who have offered advice, help, possible loaners, and general sympathy. Email is late being answered, but tomorrow I see the fix-it guy and maybe all will be well.

Cryptique? Are you kidding? I can hardly read the blog itself on this machine.

No comments: