Saturday, January 17, 2004

SATURDAY MORNING, SATURDAY MORNING

I was going to get off on some rant about Al Franken being signed to spearhead the progressive radio channel. Mainly because I can’t stand Al Franken. He was the lamest thing on the classic Belushi/Akroyd/Radner/Murray Saturday Night Live and, if anything, he’s grown less funny with age. As the voice of the progressive-left Franken will combine all the panache and political passion of Elmer Fudd with an irritating know-it-all, preppie cynicism, and I can’t think of a better MLK Day gift to the White House. But then I thought, what the fuck? It’s Saturday. Who needs it?

So, instead, here’s a truly bizarre conspiracy theory about George Bush and weird accusations of multiple cross-gender rape. Apparently the fable has been kicking around for a while, but it’s the first time that I’ve ever stumbled across it, and thus I pass it along as a bit of weekend web surfing. The trail of the tale starts with an old posting on the Counterpunch website. Take it from there.

http://www.counterpunch.org/carter1220.html

I suppose, before exiting, I should, in fairness, admit an element of envy where Al Franken is concerned. My ego, and also my bank account, would hardly be adverse to a gig on “progressive radio”. And, hell, didn’t some critic write that I had a voice like an “evil Jeremy Irons”? But I ain’t holding my breath for offers. I’ll probably have to wait until they set up the Johnny Yuma Rebel Radio From Hell before being loosed on the airwaves.

No comments: