Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO BRUSH YOUR BAT…













…or else the bat brushes you. Sorry folks. I just had to stop for a couple of days or else. The TV tells me times are hard and gamblers are losing less in Vegas than they ever did before, and, of course, also winning less. A Harris poll tells me that 24% of Republicans believe Barack Obama may be the Antichrist. The urge to crawl under the bed is overwhelming. I had to take a rest or the rest would take me. Even resting, though, I kept on thinking. Could I really write a new Renquist novel? Could I title it The Coerced Confession of Victor Renquist? Could I write it in some crypto-post-Burroughs experimental style, and have Renquist meet his makers, the eternal Nephilim? And if I did all that, who would publish such a motherfucker when the book industry is moribund. Come here, bat, it’s time for your beauty treatment.

Click here for Bauhaus

Bat lifted from World of Wonder

The secret word is Undead

6 comments:

Mark Haspam said...

"Drive your cart and your plow over the bones of the dead"
WB

aaron said...

Mick - Any alternative publishing strategies you can take? Publishing on demand? I'd like to buy a new Renquist novel.

- Aaron

goldfrop said...

I have no idea if even Tor would publish that beauty for you, all I know is that I would dearly love to read it!

Dan

Munz said...

Glad yr back, Doc. We missed ya.

Leftcoastcat said...

I want to read that Renquist novel Mick, please write it.

Mr Kite said...

Publish by any means Mick - I'll pay for any option.