Thursday, January 22, 2009

IS THIS THE MANSON FAMILY LIVE?



This video had been floating around in cyberspace along with the claim that it’s real live footage of the Manson Family breaking into and creepy-crawling a private home somewhere in Los Angeles. It does raise a bunch of questions including whether this kind of filming was technically possible back in 1969. Some people who’ve seen it swear it’s footage from an aborted movie, while others assert that it’s a total hoax. I found it on the weblog of Adam Gorightly (that also exhibits a excellent obsession with go-go dancers) and, still having a morbid fascination with all things Charlie, I present it for your consideration. Click here and make of it what you will.

The secret word is Rise

7 comments:

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

If it hasn't happened already someone will soon be asking for Charlie's opinion of his new President.

Benjamin Owens said...

Isn't guy up for parole or an appeal or something like that some time soon?

Mick said...

Charlie gets a parole hearing every few years, but they'll never let him out.

Gerin said...

I prefered Gary Gilmore and his valleys of deep darkness.
VW is brina.

Your driver said...

There's no way this is from 1969. I doubt there was any kind of color movie film that worked at that light level. If there was it would have had grains about the size of your thumb print and not been available for an 8mm film camera. I'm glad the comments have not forced me to deliver one of my Ed Sanders inspired anti-Manson rants. But really, fuck Charlie and his little rat version of mean squaredom posing as the counterculture. Oh shit, there I go.

Mick said...

I guess the attraction of Charlie and his witch kids was how, at the time, they really scared the squares to the point that, from that point on, crewcut thugs though a bit more about the consequences of long-haired freak abuse before engaging in it.

Your driver said...

Oh, Charlie was zeitgeisty as all get out. When I was fifteen I struck terror in my art teacher's heart by turning in a series of linoleum block portraits of him. However, times have changed and modern day Manson fans creep me out.