Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BOOZE IN SPACE


Last night, my TV told me there were vast clouds of alcohol in deep space. I decided that I should Google this for information and confirmation and it turns out to be perfectly true, although there would seem to be a little confusion as to whether it’s ethyl alcohol (drinkable) or methyl alcohol (undrinkable).

“Astronomers based at Jodrell Bank Observatory have discovered a giant bridge of methyl alcohol, spanning approximately 288 billion miles, wrapped around a stellar nursery. The gas cloud could help our understanding of how the most massive stars in our galaxy are formed. The new observations were taken with the UK's MERLIN radio telescopes, which have recently been upgraded. The team studied an area called W3(OH), a region in our galaxy where stars are being formed by the gravitational collapse of a cloud of gas and dust.” Click for more.

The secret word is Cheers

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe it's a third kind of alcohol. Intergalactic juice.

bet Sun Ra has a tune about that.


wv: SNESIVE

Gerin said...

I heard that dead alcoholics go there... so I'm watching there the half of my friends. Another half is nowhere to be seen, no luck this time.

Anonymous said...

Space is definitely the place.

garage 66 & mojo repair shop said...

Mick, your TV told you this?
What kind of TV are ya watching?
The Beer Goggle Network, what is that? BGN-TV? I don't have that channel,damn cable company.

Mick said...

I hate to admit it, but it was the History Channel.

Anonymous said...

spirit in the sky

Anonymous said...

Rimshot!



(WV cyclo)

Löst Jimmy said...

Make mine a pint of the black stuff, with a scotch on the (meteorite) rocks