Sunday, October 26, 2008

A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUCEMENT



I must confess I write through something of a hangover. Indeed, a hangover on a scale that makes a vintage-retro STD warning poster seemed almost apt, although, of course, my downfall was a matter of alcohol rather than sex, and the linkage between public reading and Patron tequila, and then a later switch to Jack Daniels. I only consol myself that, at my formidably advanced age, such behavior is a rarity and not a daily occurrence.

The secret word is Damned

Levi Stubbs – RIP
Rudy Ray Moore – RIP

I may be joining you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh for goodness sake. Michael.

Take your Alka Seltzer and go back to bed.

Your driver said...

More sleep. You should have gotten laid. (In my opinion)

ib said...

Well. If I lived a little nearer the city of angels, I believe I may well have come to the reading.

Thankfully, I do not even fantasize about walking on water; an Atlantic crossing would be a bitch this time of year anyway.

Nice to know you finished the evening in good style.

The word verification, quite bizarrely, is "acted'.

hipspinster said...

you and 00soul -- carousing!! tsk, tsk. while the cat's away, the mice will play, indeed.

Anonymous said...

"coffee beans stole my blue jeans" - coughed the loud bard Boetius in his springtime bed.

Rudy Ray Moore may you forever ride the dark angelic xmas light sparkled path to supernautic funk-a-land.


word verification (swear on my chihuaha's 9 breasts):
MUTACTIO

Benjamin Owens said...

I'm thinking we could probably do with one of those "I'm still alive" type of posts...

& probably some tacos, yeah, tacos sound good.

Anonymous said...

Tacos. Mmmmm, tacos.

Anonymous said...

And the word verification reads it reads fings.

Anonymous said...

I was spooked there. Fings ain't what they used to be.

Anonymous said...

Dead fings don't talk