Thursday, March 20, 2008

FOUR GRAND?



Once again today finds me working like a bloody cart horse and then working some more. (Damn but I’ll be glad when this current push to the end is over, but then I’ll be wondering how come I don’t have any fucking money, or at least as much as I thought I would.) In the meantime there is some stuff to read. I have a new column on LA CityBeat on political sex scandals and there’s a reprint posted on Yahoo News of an interview I did for the NME way back in 1977 with Fats Domino that they ran to celebrate Fats’ 80th birthday. Come to think of it, I’d really like to do a book that’s a collection of my old rock writing. If anyone has any ideas, leave a comment.

The secret word is Weary

10 comments:

Maggie M'Gill said...

Whoo Hoo, where do we begin? The "Deckchairs on the Titanic" piece, for sure, but for me, it'd be your two part "Hunt for the Lizard King" feature from NME in late '75. At the risk of hyperbole, it probably changed my life (not necessarily for the better!), and I have not come across any Doors writing since then that has captured the mystique / “otherness” of Morrison better. A third of a century on, and my two sons are named James and Douglas after the man, fer Chrissake. But there's been plenty of other fine (and very funny) rock-related writing that you’ve done. It'll give me an excuse to ransack the archives (ahem, boxes in the attic) and have a think. Good idea, Mick.

stashdauber said...

my personal fave: "the who sell out" that ran in the village voice when they played shea stadium in '82 that's the best encapsulation imaginable of _what went wrong_

Anonymous said...

Four grand?! Yow! I can't imagine any piece of ass that would be worth four grand.

Maybe if she were one of a set of identical triplets who were all professional gymnasts, or circus contortionists...

Anonymous said...

A collection of Mick Farren's rock writing? Yes, please!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mick.. right on schedule, here's the Nothings...

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/27/823924.aspx

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you really should do a book with your rock stuff. I'd buy it.

Maggie M'Gill said...

...you ok, Doc?

stashdauber said...

farren: in the name of all that's holy, post something, even if it's just a link. i'm tired of looking at whatsername's mug everytime i surf to doc 40. i mean it...this is horrible!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the old bastard finally died.

Anonymous said...

Death said:

Nope.

I'll get you first anonymous.