Saturday, July 14, 2007

FREE SAMPLES



It’s weird how these things appear and you have no idea why they are lurking on the web or how they came to be there. This collection was recorded in 1995 in front of a live audience in Santa Monica, and the players – in addition to me and Jack – include Wayne Kramer, Andy Colquhoun, Doug Lunn, and Brad Dourif (that’s right, Doc from Deadwood and Wormtongue from LOTR.) All the tracks are fucking great, but I’m kinda fond of “The Disgruntled Employee” and “When The World Was Young.”

If you want actually to buy a copy hit Alive/Total Energy mail order, linked on the right.
I also discovered these weird Google books that seem to be portions of novels and I have no idea why they exist. This is the one for Darklost, and, if you haven’t read any of The Renquist Quartet, this is at least a taste. Who knows? Maybe it’ll hook ya.

4 comments:

stashdauber said...

great alb -- maybe my favorite of yours. we still listen to this often at mi casa.

Anonymous said...

I love the Deathray Tapes CD, you are right all the tracks are fucking great!!

Maggie M'Gill said...

Doc, it ain't accessible from outside the US - at least, not here in Reading, England. Jeez, I was really looking forward to it too.

Mick said...

I'm looking for more of these mysterious music sites. I hope some of them work in the UK.