Monday, April 30, 2007

KENT DOESN'T HAVE EARTHQUAKES

I’m sorry. I find myself wholly disturbed. It’s just not supposed to happen. An earthquake in Kent is akin to finding a live plesiosaur in Central Park Lake. I’ve never heard of anything so outrageous. Earthquakes happen here in California, not the South of England. My mind boggled when Valerie sent me this BBC report that “homes in five streets in Folkestone had to be evacuated because of structural damage including cracked walls and fallen chimneys. The magnitude 4.3 tremor struck at 0819 BST and experts said its epicentre was a few miles off the coast in the English Channel. One woman was taken to hospital with a neck injury.” Do we now have to contend with the Maidstone fault line or something? In this instance I am not attaching any kind of apocalyptic significant to this ridiculous seismic event. I am simply appalled.

The secret word is Trembler

Mstislav Rostropovich -- RIP

Bobby 'Boris' Pickett -- RIP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once had a trembler in Kent (Sidcup to be exact), and the Earth moved for me as well.

Sad to see the Demise of Bobby 'Boris' Pickett over the weekend.

Another glass of Wolfsbane please Ygor

Anonymous said...

dont worry about the earthquakes we are having there not unusual, however the stronger than usual tornados that we hav been having lately are.
Did you know that the UK has more (abit small) tornados than America
Alex (boarg)

Mick said...

Welcome back Boarg. We have missed you.