Friday, December 31, 2004

HAPPY 2005, BOYS AND GIRLS – FOLLOW THAT FALLING BALL
Unless someone asks the Deviants to play, I no longer go out on New Year’s Eve, considering it amateur night for drunks, with overpriced drinks, surly bartenders, and gouging cabs. Plus, here in LA we have the added attraction of the vatos locos firing their Uzis at the moon at midnight. Although that doesn’t worry me any. I don’t believe there’s a stray bullet with my name on it, plus I’ve heard a lot of opposing theories about what happens when rounds fired in the air come back down.

Thus 12/31 finds me at my computer attempting to process...

TSUNAMI REACTIONS
Since I freely admit truly I can’t get my mind around a vast natural disaster except in the abstract, or by tightening down to the tiny details. (Like Eisenstein’s glasses on the steps.)
Just now some TV news show bleeped two words from a Tsunami home video, presumably "Fucking Jesus!", a very Australian reaction to the apocalyptic wall of water. Seemed to say too much about our cowardly new world. Accordingly I did a quick cull of the agitweb (with the help of the excellent Peoples’ Daily Briefing) for other reactions and came up with the following...

ANIMALS (esp elephants)
http://www.rense.com/general61/seu.htm

US NAVY
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/december2004/291204foreknowledgeofdisaster.htm

CHRISTIAN RIGHT
http://www.workingforchange.com/printitem.cfm?itemid=18309

QUOTE
Gloucester said (although I can’t recall in which damned play.) "As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods. They kill us for their sport."

The secret word is Lang

CRYPTIQUE...if on time you depend.



No comments: