Thursday, January 08, 2004

HAPPY ELVIS’ BIRTHDAY

That Elvis Presley had a profound effect on my young life is hardly a secret. I’ve written four books on the man. One profound, two trivial, and one a best-seller. I still wear a small Elvis totem on the leather thong around my neck that carries all the gris-gris wampum talismans I need to stop planes crashing and get me home when drunk and incapable. I guess the idea that, had he lived, Elvis would have been sixty-nine today is food for less than savory thought. I hardly see Elvis pushing seventy in as debonair a fashion as Paul Newman, and suspect that, even with the basic will to survive, he would have been a even worse mess than Marlon Brando. Ho-hum.

I also learned the Godzilla will be fifty sometime this year. Maybe we should throw a party. First we would have to agree on the date.

(I still don't have the comments tech up. Write me at byron4d@aol.com)

No comments: